Monday 12 December 2011

Dealing with sadness...

I think almost everyone is afraid of the word sadness...It's like its got something hidden,something deeper,something darker...Maybe it's got,but this word's meaning is given by us...And it's ok not to feel well sometimes but we shouldn't actually let this bring us down....So next time you feel like you're falling from your blue sky you can do one of these,in order to fly back again...:)

Making a cup of tea...That's the first thing I do whenever I feel sad...It's just like every problem or worry dissappears from the first sip of tea...So,a cup of tea with just a little spoon of honey and everything clears off...

Calling my friends...They are there for you at times like this and if they don't even bother talking to you then they are not your real friends...Search for those who are going to tell you that everything's gonna be alright and that will remind you how special you are...

Listening to songs...Ok,I must admit that the songs I usually listen to aren't "happy" ones but at least they make you forget...Combining our voice with the voice of the singer and letting every sentiment you feel apear in the way you sing...Thanks Chad(Kroeger) for all these times your magic voice has made me feel alright...

Expressing yourself...It doesn't work with everyone,but it does for me...Whenever something's wrong and I feel the need to express it I start writing,not blogging,just writing,in a diary or just random notes...It feels great!!Especially this time that I'm working on something it really helps to write more and with more passion of course,cause things are different when you live them...

Dancing....It works fine for me..of course it's not the same for everyone but try it once...Put on a song that "talks" about your situation and start dancing inside your room...makes all the stress go out and leaves you with a full filling feeling...

Reading a text that makes you smile...It's hard to find a text,a book or generally something that makes you laught everytime your read it...I'm soooooooo glad I've discovered maitena and her comics...I just love her and find everything she writes hillarious...

Cooking or creating...As I usually say it's a way of filling the gaps of your soul..Some people like creating jewels or painting or making graffity...Well cooking is for me..Mostly making candy..It is just something that makes me reaaaaaally happy,especially when my sweets turn out the way they are supposed to be and people who taste them like them...

Well,I'm sure that there are millions of ways to stop being sad,but these ones work better with me...Everytime I feel like everything's wrong and that I can't see anything around except from vague images,a little box opens inside my head and reminds me of those little ways of making myself happy...And remember,if anyone tries to make you fall it only means that you are above them...As for smiling,it's cheap medicine,so use it as much as you can,unless you want to live an unhappy life...

So every single one of you should wear his/her brightest smile right now...cause everything is temporary....everything can be defeated if you feel like fighting...everything's in your mind...even the word sadness might have a better meaning if you match it with being in a situation where you can think about what has happened...and remember...sometimes stand in front of the mirror and ask yourself "where are we now??"...everything will make perfect sense...

All yours...

6 comments:

  1. I finished my reading with a stupid smile on my face:)
    Really beautiful..I mean in case of feeling shit,we always can do one of those creative things to make us feel better.
    Especially the one about tea and dancing,they are pretty good;)
    Hugs and Kisses;*

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear..!You got me!=)
    I was a bit sad the last couple of days and it really helped.I can almost say that I feel less heavy right now.!You are right.!everything can be defeated if you feel like fighting...everything's in our mind...even the word sadness might have a better meaning if we match it with being in a situation where we can think about what has happened!
    Thank you, sweety! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. And as I always say, we need sadness to appreciate happiness, we need bad moments to feel happier while we are experiencing good ones.. I don't think that sadness is something negative.. I believe that it can be very creative. Also, overcoming sad situations make us feel even happier :) Personally I write silly-funny poems, "songs", or I just sing..so I realise that my voice is worse than my problem xD
    I really liked this post :) We all need to remember ways to defeat sadness..
    Kisses!:*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mirto darling,I'm glad you liked it and I really hope these can help you because let's face it,even the people who smile the most deal with problems sometimes...:) Hugs and Kisses :*

    My dear dancer,I'm really glad I helped you,I had been sad too but then I though that everything's ok and I did most of the things I mention above and it really worked..Just remember that your face looks sooo much better with a smile on it..:) <3

    Polinaldi I totally agree with you...we can't be happy all the time,but we also can't be sad all the time so the bext thing we can do is deal with it..Kisses :* :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. smile και καλημερα :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had a rough couple of months, and I gotta admit that I do these things everyday to keep me from being sad. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete